Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Forks, Fingers, Fragrances & Facebook

I seem to be eating soup with a fork a lot these days...





I've always had a random career ambition to be a hand model...really, I have.
I know it's weird and vain to have favorite features of yourself or what not, but my hands (specifically my fingernails) are the only feature I feel comfortable bragging about.
I'm weird huh?

...yep.

(yep, that's my hand)



My oldest niece turns 16 today!
Say whaaaa….?
When did she grow up?!
Better yet, when did I grow up?!



Is it just me or is 3/4 the population of the whole world getting engaged/married this summer? I swear I get a Facebook notification every single day!



Speaking of marriage,
My brother is getting married on Saturday!!!



I'm recently convinced that in order to avoid getting bored out of your mind with salads you have to practice a level of creativity beyond what you're used to in the preparation process. Some combos taste better than you think they will. Creativity is fun!
You know when you're drawing with chalk on the sidewalk
And your chalk starts to wear down and get really short
And you scratch your nail on the pavement as you're drawing? BAAAHHH!
Why do the worst sensations in the world involve chalk and fingernails?



If I could pick another decade to live in (aside from Jane Austen's time) I would pick the 50's.
Ever since reading "Fifteen" by Beverly Cleary (read it!), I've wanted to go to the corner Soda Shop after a Sock Hop with my swell beau in his dad's newly waxed Thunderbird and sip a soda through two straws at the bar while the juke box serenades us with a groovy beat. I'd, of course, be sporting a poodle skirt, bobby socks, saddle shoes and a hairstyle akin to Sandra Dee and my beau would look like Ricky Nelson and say things like,
"Cool it, Pops. Don't snap your cap." . . . Ok, sorry. Got a little carried away.



Is it just me or does too much cologne/perfume completely ruin your first impression of someone? My nose can never see past that for some reason.
I know my sense of smell is uncharacteristically sensitive, but seriously!



So, has anyone heard the music of the sequel to Phantom of the Opera?
"Love Never Dies" by Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Utter fabulosity! Yes, the man's done it again!
So...anyone want to go to London with me to see it? ;)



Is it taboo to wear bobby pins that don't match your hair color? Cause I ran out of black ones and all I have left are my sister's blonde ones. I always have a hard time justifying buying new ones, too, because I bet I could find a whole package of them if I took the time to look under couch cushions, in pockets, and through dryer lint and vacuum bags
...along with spare change and buttons.



Yesterday, I officially ended my career as a professional portrait photographer and "turned off" my photography blog. Yes. And while there may be a collective, "WHAT!?!" from the masses by that news, I feel really good about it.
Rest assured that I'll still take photos for fun and do shoots for my family, but that business just isn't for me. More power to those of my friends who like it: Exhibit A & Exhibit B
Graphic design on the other hand...WHOOP WHOOP!



TOY STORY 3 COMES OUT THIS WEEKEND!
I love Pixar mucho!
Last, but not least,
I am lovin' the summer sun!
I love when the days get longer and the nights get lighter!
YAY!




8 comments:

Whitney said...

I can't believe that is your hand up there. It really could be in a magazine. You should pursue that!

erin said...

You are so cute! And I completely agree about the perfume/cologne thing- it gets me every time! :)

Chess said...

I think for the first time ever, here on your blog, I have read a post where I feel like I'm reading about myself. I have two tubs of sidewalk chalk. My favorite feature about myself are my hands too! I'm famous for declaring at random times that I was meant to be born in the 50's. Crazy. Also... as a girl who has a HUGE crush on a boy because he smells so darn good, I can relate to you there as well. Subtlety is the key.

And no worries about the photography. If you've found what you want to do with your life, at least you'll still have it for a hobby. And ps. I'm soooo excited for Toy Story 3. I hope it's fab!

Chess said...

Also, I have four weddings to attend the last week of July. One each on the 27th, 28th, 29th, and 31st. And one in August.

Whitney said...

Haha oh my gosh! I started freaking out when I read what the Whitney above wrote and I was like "I don't remember writing that! What's going on????" :) Now I get that its another Whitney!! :)

We need to go see Toy Story 3 Together!! I'm so pumped! 2 DAYS!!! (: We'll have to wait til after the wedding though! :)

Leon said...

Um, yes. Very yes.

Catherine said...

I love this. All of it. So much. I don't know if you are a fan of Seinfeld or not, but the hand modeling reminded me of when George becomes a hand model and it is hilarious...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZxX3-rJoNI

tscotriverside said...

i was half-tempted to not leave a comment since so many other people left theirs but you know how I love the randomosity posts...they're some of my favorites.

'scent' really is the strongest sense tied to memory and you have to be careful not to overdo it or underdo it...got to find a happy medium.

i'm sad to see your photography blog being shut off but am glad that you still take the time to post some of your shots on this one...with that said, i'm also glad that you're going to focus on your graphic design since it's your passion.

maybe you should try living your life and eating your soup with a spork...especially if the soup has chunks of meat and/or vegetables...

any excuse to go to london is a good excuse to go to london.

i don't usually ever think about growing up in a different decade, i just think about growing up in a different place. i think i was supposed to be raised on some texas ranch or something.