Sunday, August 2, 2009

Because of You


Because of Dad:
...I find strength to do hard things
...I don't have to ride the bus to school
...I won't get blisters from my old running shoes
...I know how to laugh courteously at dry humor ;)
...I have been to the most beautiful and amazing places I've ever seen

Because of Madre:
...I know how to clean and organize
...I have thin hair that goes wavy in the humidity
...I still love children's books
...I always have an audience to sing to
...I look forward to being a mother

Because of My Brothers:
...I have several endearing (and arguably embarrassing) nicknames
...I am an aunt of the cutest kids ever (most credit goes to my sisters-in-law for that one)
...I despise stinky feet and being tickled
...I love to watch football and basketball
...I have an endless supply of good advice

Because of My Sisters:
...I have thrice as many clothes to wear (including prom dresses)
...I can make purses from Capri Sun or duct tape
...I can hardly wait to fall in love
...I know how to shave my legs and apply makeup
...I have a supply of awkward dating experiences to learn from

Because of My N&Ns:
...I know every way to change a diaper
...I laugh at my mistakes
...I love slobbery kisses and clinging hugs
...I still play with toys
...I smile whenever I hear "Widsy"

Because of T:
...I am reading The Chronicles of Narnia
...I don't have to be articulate to be understood
...I look around every time I leave church
...I am more aware of the beautiful side of Rose Park
...I cherish the "boring" moments

Because of Nicole:
...I have someone to swap dating advice with
...I sing the word "awkward"
...I know about honey almond scrub and egg white facials
...I love brightly colored nail polish
...I don't go to church or institute by myself

Because of Jalene:
...I am a more confident photographer
...I know the fastest living land animal in the US of A
...I have driven to Logan (the farthest I've ever driven, seriously)
...I recognize the names of the latest bands
...I honestly think I'm funny


Because of
you
I am
me
And I like
me
So thank
you


I love
you

3 comments:

Jalene said...

That was so cute. :) hahaha. I laughed out loud when I read "I know the fastest living land animal in the US of A." Hahahaha Such good times. Thanks Linds. I love you too!

Hayley said...

i love this (:

Nicole said...

That's so cute!! We seriously need to do facials! Thanks for being such a good friend! Love ya! Oh, and Awkward!!!