Saturday, August 15, 2009

At Last...

...Paradise!

Here are the pictures from my family vacation to Bear Lake last week. I absolutely love having everyone of my family members together for a whole week of relaxation and bonding!

This is what we did that beautiful week:

Played at the beach, went boating (thank you Rogan for bringing your boat), swimming, buried each other in the sand, built sandcastle kingdoms equipped with moats and waterfalls,
{Jalene came up from Logan for a day to play at the beach with us}




Jumping picture (of course)


Played lots and lots of games,

{I get the feeling that Sarah was losing}

Ethan celebrated his birthday and brought up a piñata to share with the cousins. Needless to say, they loved it! Honestly, who wouldn't love to whack Spongebob and see pounds of candy spill out all over the place?







The adults, no doubt dreading the idea of their kids being hyped up on more sugar

The girls always have lots and lots of very girly things to do
We do each others hair and nails,
Do facials (the cucumbers really do make a difference) and sometimes the boys, in their envy, decide to join in,

Make duct tape or card game purses. My sister Kim brought up so many cute things for these and they turned out amazing. The girls love them and they're super durable! I'm in the process of making a sweet one right now. I'll show you when I'm done.
Thank you Kimmy for this awesome idea!













We can't forget the boys! Oh yes, they had their fun catching frogs and snakes,
{I love Spencer's smile in this}

My brother-in-law Rogan brought up BB guns for shooting tin cans (full of shaken up root beer) and PVC pipes to shoot marshmallows at each other. Good ol' boys stuff (though I'm guilty of liking it myself)! Thank you Rogan!

Then, we all walked up the road to Quick 'n' Tasty's to get shakes!

That is one good looking group no?
My brother Pete's family was missing and Heather and Joseph...and I'm behind the camera (go figure).
I love my family so much!
Yum! Yum! Yum!



The End
{until next Summer}

*Pictures on the banana boat taken by my sister Kim, who has the same camera I do. Thanks Kimmy!


3 comments:

tscotriverside said...

that my friend is a lot of pictures...i wouldn't even know where to begin to comment on them individually...but, it is safe to say that they're all great pictures. your family must love having their own personal vacation photographer and they couldn't have found a better one. looks like y'all had a great time. i'm not gonna lie, the jumping picture is pretty amazing but not very 'original'...then again, i don't know much about originality. vanity is my specialty.

LoriT said...

Wow! First of all, you guys fit A LOT of people in that cabin. Next, will you come to our family reunion next year and be our official photographer. Lastly, I will definitely be the favorite aunt next year when I "steal" your family's super fun ideas. PINK duct tape??? Where can I get me some of that???

Kim said...

You did a beautiful job with all of the pictures, Lou! Thanks for posting, it's always fun to see your perpsective, it's very creative and shows your fun personallity!