Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another Love Letter

*For those of you who aren't aware, I have a love/hate relationship with school and we correspond on a regular basis.

Dear School,

For a long glorious moment, I was glad to be rid of you, I cannot tell a lie. I was completely enveloped in the abundant joy of the holiday season. The holidays and I are a perfect match, you see. Regrettably, they never visit long and our "long distance relationship" is nothing more than counting down on paper chains to the fullness of happiness that awaits with the closing of each year.

Sadly, as soon as New Year's Day had passed I found myself, again, hopeless without you. I dreamt of the days we were engaged in fulfilling life's most devoted purposes, hand-in-hand. Sometimes I complained about you, not daring to get too close, but deep down inside of me I knew that despite the ebb and flow of shallow relationships, you would always be there, waiting patiently for my return.

It's as if you know that one day I'll realize how much you have molded my entire life. I'll miss you. I'll want to run to you... and alas, too late, you'll be gone with the wind and, frankly, won't give a "darn". Heaven forbid such a day!

No! Today I will shun the Scarlet O'Hara within me. I need you now more than ever.

"After all, [today] is another day"

By Your Side Always
(or at least for two more semesters),

No comments: