Monday, October 19, 2009

Heartwarming

Today I got an email from Dad. He's in Florida with Madre on an annual business trip. A business trip, mind you, that is usually the same week as Fall Break. This year, to my dismay, was different. So the parentals are Floridizin' it up, basking in the sun of that man-made beach at the Disney World Resort smack dab in the middle of that oh-so quant dreamland that I love!

Photos from last year's fabulous Florida extravaganza:
This was the first real vacation that I went on with my new SLR.
As you can see, I got some good practice.
The ever-so quaint Boardwalk. Seriously, Disney Heaven...*sigh*



See, I always take pictures of squirrels!
Park-hoppin passes...feel the power!
Check out our sweet jumpin' skills. Aerosmith's Rock & Roller Coaster!
A dash of Star Wars...for John. I love my siblings!
Of course the lobbies have furniture like this, it's Disney!

Me? I'm here in the beautiful but brisk Autumn weather, going to school, working, and just being plain busy. Not a favorable alternative to Disney Heaven in my opinion. I'm sure missing Orlando a lot, and for once I'm not talking about Orlando Bloom.

So, to pick myself up out of the beginning stages of a pity party, I've decided to write a grateful list. Have I ever shared with you what I love about cold weather?
No? Well good heavens, I shall tell you.

I love bundling up in blankets, crackling fires, mini-mallows in hot cocoa, doing dishes in hot soapy water, pulling out winter clothes, space heaters, sunshine through the window, warm bubble baths, mittens, fuzzy socks, seeing my breath, reading in bed, pink fuzzy robe, warm hugs, wearing sweats to bed, cute but not-so-waterproof boots . . .

Can you think of anything I left out?
I love y'all!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you get yourself to fly on that Star Wars picture???

Anonymous said...

I know you're thinking that I have super arm strength and sweet horizontal jumping skills, but let's just say Photoshop makes me look cooler than I really am ;)

Anonymous said...

that is crazy--I am pretty sure your sister is in my ward and we are in the primary together!! wow-small world.

i haven't really ever talked to her, but she is cute. and you two totally look so much alike--i should've known!

tscotriverside said...

i feel like i have seen and commented on all of these pictures before so i'll spare you from hearing them again.

sorry that you weren't able to make it there with them this year. after hearing the stories about your adventures last year i can only imagine how much you long(ed) to be there with your parents.

once again, love the pictures. it was the beginning of an slr adventure that is still going on today. it gets bigger and better with each new post.