Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Footprints

Tonight I was brought to the drawer...
...the drawer that bears every letter, note and birthday card I've received since I was 12. I rustled through its contents in a spirit of reminiscent gratitude. In a moment I unburied the letter I had been looking for. Dated November 12, 2009. I hadn't read it since that night, but its contents have stirred in my heart countless times since. It remains the dearest letter I have ever received. In a brief moment of "unoriginality" the author of this letter quotes the following,


"Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some move our souls to dance.
They awaken us to a new understanding
with the passing whisper of their wisdom.
Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon.
They stay in our lives for awhile,
leave footprints on our hearts
and we are never, ever the same."
~Anonymous~

Cherish
love,
Cling
to friendship,
Savor
the "boring" things, they're often what you remember most,
Give
of your heart, you can never run out of
Love


3 comments:

Heather Lynn Hess Hulse said...

Who was it from?

Megan said...

I just got the chills.

Jalene said...

Kristin bought me a picture frame with a quote very similar to that one in it. It's hanging above my bed. I read it everyday and think of people in my life that resemble those qualities... you are one of them. :)

I also keep a sack with all my notes, cards, letters that I've received.