Sunday, July 19, 2009

black, white & grey

pushing to the front of the line
floating to the top of the pile
like a forgotten ghost
but more like an angel
playing like an old movie reel









black and white
cue laughter, cue happiness
plunging into the pensive of artificial reality
play, rewind, play again
cue dancing, cue rain
cue director
why did he say "cut"?
rewind, play again
decoding dreams
smiling then crying
almost tangible
push play
then pause
breathe in deep
real deep
courage
push forward impatiently
static
cue faith
adjusting, growing
learning to be lindsay
not simply existing

dreaming will never quench a thirst for life
like living will


7 comments:

Leon said...

You prolly think it's awkward for commenting on your blog. And you'd be right. Love the post, and I have 1 question: in your photo, why does the spanish one say "may peace be in Argentina?"

Anonymous said...

I think it just covers a bunch of different countries. I don't speak spanish fluently so I've never been able to fully observe. Next time I'm there I'll bring a spanish dictionary, haha. Love the comments very muchly :) Keep 'em coming!

Leon said...

¿Where is there?

Anonymous said...

The International Peace Gardens in Rose Park. My heart loves it there!

Leon said...

Never been there! But it looks cool. Maybe you should do a post on it?

Naters said...

Nice poem/thought bubble, it is really good ... yep, I figured out how to comment!

Jalene said...

I like the HP reference... "Plunging into the pensive." :)