Friday, July 9, 2010

Still Dreaming

"Hi, this is kind of a random question, but I heard you 'rent out' bald eagles for special events?"

"That's right. Yes."


"Do you, by chance, allow people to come in and pay a fee to...hold a bald eagle?"


"No, you need a permit to hold a bald eagle, but you can get a picture next to one."


"What does it take to get a permit?"


"Oh, well...it's not just something you do for a photo op. It takes lots of money and years of training."


"Alright. Thank you very much."



And thus went the conversation - my attempt at fulfilling one of the items on my ever-expanding "bucket list."


The bald eagle is our national bird after all...


I guess I'll simply put that one on the back burner until I have more time to pursue such a permit.


Next up...? Well...everything else!



Still pursuing dreams,

one day at a time,

image via

No comments: