Friday, December 18, 2009

Remember?

Today, I was talking to a man I work with about our holiday plans,
When he told me, "I just don't feel like Christmas this year."

That made me sad for him.

I think that slowly we're forgetting why we celebrate this holiday in the first place.
Sure, Santa Claus, the presents, parties and traditions are all a great bonus,
But frankly, The Grinch could take all of those things away if he wanted to.

Christmas will still come,

Just as the Messiah came as a baby in Bethlehem,
To redeem us, His brothers and sisters, from our transgressions
And pave the way to the eternities and life in the hereafter.

What a wonderful and perfect gift our Heavenly Father has given to us,
By lovingly sending His Only Begotten Son to the Earth to be our Savior and Redeemer.



Celebrate Christmas.

1 comment:

Leon said...

Thanks for this, Lindsay. Wow, that sounded weird.

Thanks for this, the Hess.