Saturday, November 28, 2009

That's What It's All About


I'm not referring to the Hokey Pokey.

Thanksgiving brought the marvelous flood of happiness and excitement for the holidays and I simply can't wait!

I can't wait for our annual Christmas Movie countdown. We watch a favorite Christmas movie every Sunday till Christmas, ending with "It's A Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve. I love that movie! Others favorites include: Muppet's Christmas Carol, Miracle On 34th Street (1994), The Santa Clause II, The Nativity, Scrooge, White Christmas, etc.

I can't wait for the semester to be over so I can just spend time with my family and drink in the warm and happy spirit of Christmas.

I can't wait for Christmas parties with family and friends.
White elephants, talent shows, Santa Clause, and laughter...lots and lots of laughter.


I can't wait for holiday shopping. I find it strangely addicting meandering through the crowded malls and stores in search of gifts for friends and family.

I can't wait for Christmas stories that Madre reads to us all bundled up in blankets by the fireplace. She's the best narrator ever.

I really can't wait to see this or these! Christmas would not be the same without them.

I can't wait for snow! Snow forts. Snow angels. Snowmen. Snowball fights. Sledding.

Amid the hustle and bustle of outrageous and fantastic traditions,
I can't wait to reflect on the birth and life of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I went and saw this last night with Andy and it was amazing. I cried a little!
I just love this time of year and am so grateful for our loving Savior and his humble birth.

That's what Christmas is all about:


Happy Holidays to you!

No comments: