Monday, September 21, 2009

Feathy Lou

Today is my sister Heather's 24th birthday!

She has been my best friend since the day I was born.

"Say-mile, Linds!"

We have had some great adventures together these past 22 years:
  • Putting on music programs on the McConkie's porch with Becky,
  • Doing carnivals in the backyard equipped with rides, treats and a fish pond,
  • Sneaking downstairs when our parents were asleep to play Barbies,
  • Waking up early on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons
  • Babysitting our nieces and nephews every Friday night
  • The list goes on and on

I have "tagged along" with Heather at every transition I've made in life
Girlhood to Womanhood,
Jr. High to High School,
"Boys Have Cooties" to Dating,
High School to College,
Family Ward to Singles Ward,
etc.
She has always been there to "show me the ropes"
{and explain the reason a stadium is called a "stay-dium"}
And I am forever grateful for her patience and love for me.

Thank you for everything you do for me,
I love you to infinity and beyond!

Happiest Birthday, Pacha!

2 comments:

lovinlife said...

Awe, you brought tears to my eyes, Linds! Thank you! That was such a sweet and thoughtful thing to do. Thanks for the awesome decorations and all your time spent!

I miss living in the same house with ya, but love that we're still close and the fact that that will never change.

I love you, Pa-ca. :)

Megan said...

Aw... cute! I grew up with a sister just older than me, too. We have some of the best memories... many of which also included Barbies. But we weren't brave enough to sneak out of bed and play. Great idea!

Beautiful picture of you two, by the way!