Sunday, September 27, 2009

Easy As Pie

I wasn't sure where that phrase came from until this weekend.
This recipe was a piece of cake...errr, you know what I mean.

It all starts with a supply of fresh, plump and juicy peaches.
(Yes, they are as good as they look)

Then, make some pie dough.
I've never been a huge fan of pie crust because of the "bitter" after-taste it always seems to have. When preparing this dough my distaste for pie crust was further confirmed when I discovered it contains 3 sticks!!!!!! of butter...

My advice: share small portions.
This was always my favorite part of pie making when I was little and "helping" around Thanksgiving time, The Top! I loved watching the different techniques to pinching the edges and making pretty slits in the top. The crisscross technique has always been my favorite.

Random Fact: I had a Fisher Price play dough pie set when I was little and I did this crisscross design on all of my creations (which were many). It's been a while since I've brought that out, but I don't think my rustyness shows... Oh yeah, I've still got it! :)
Bake-itty
...
Bake
...
Bake
...
ShaBAM!
Isn't it pretty? The edges were a bit darker than I would've liked, but I can't do everything right the first time or people get jealous. Ha...

Funny how it looks nothing like peach pie huh? If you had to guess I'd bet you'd say strawberry or razzleberry (what is a razzleberry btw? anyone?)

I give it a D for

Decadent

Delicious

Daring

and

Devoured
Thank you Food Network for the recipe, Madre for the helpful tips and family for eating it!

Yumalicious!

If you didn't get a taste of this creation, don't you fret, we've got a whole tree of peaches just waiting to be pie-ified!

1 comment:

tscotriverside said...

you know, it's hard to know just how good the pie really turned out. don't get me wrong...it looks AMAZING but, given your ability to make even the most commonplace things look great, there's really no way of knowing for sure.

I will say this, if it tasted half as good as it looked than i'm sure it was a T-riffic.