Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rainy Daze

Is it just me or is this weather reminiscent of Seattle?
I wouldn't know, I've never been to Seattle.

I must say,
I did not think I would be bundled in my pink fuzzy robe and matching socks mid-June
...yet here I am.

As I was driving home from Subway today, windshield wipers on full-speed, I found myself impatiently changing the radio station when Sheryl Crow's "Soak Up The Sun" came on. Sad day! I usually love jamming to that song, but looks like the only thing I'm gonna be soaking up today is more wet. My apologies Sheryl, it's not you.

I sure hope Mr. Golden Sun doesn't hide away too long, I miss him.

But I suppose that rain has its place.
Because of rain:
Spring is a deeper shade of green,
The city lights make colorful reflections on the streets,
The Earth smells fresh, like a basket of clean laundry,
I have a worthy reason to cuddle up with a good book,
AND
Elizabeth's refusal to Mr. Darcy's proposal is 10x more heart-wrenching

Ok rain, I guess you can stick around...
For now.

Isn't it amazing to think that such a place really exists, even if such a man doesn't ;)


1 comment:

Jalene said...

Ahhhhh! I love it. I actually was going to watch this movie this very night. Where oh where is my Mr. Darcy... And his coat tails?? :)