Thursday, June 18, 2009

CAH-LO-RAH-DO

Boulder and a pinch of Denver. Here's a taste of my past couple days chillin' in the Centennial State:


Here is our tiny little plane.
I've never been in such a small plane or on such a short flight: 57 minutes!


Goin' through a tunnel in the train. Do you see me and Madre?
This is the vaulted tent ceiling of the Denver International Airport.
I was surprised with how artsy everything was. There were murals everywhere! Love it!


The beautiful view from our hotel room.
I think the Flat Iron mountains are very Germanesque, don't you?
That big, beautiful, brick building (no alliteration intended) is the Folsom Field, the stadium of the University of Colorado - Home of the Buffalo.


This is where Madre and I spent most of our time, the outdoor mall. In Boulder everything is foot-friendly, people walk everywhere they go. Why don't we do that here? We had a rental car, but we only used it to go up to the mountains and get back to the airport.
Walk and smell the roses!


Madre and I went to see the matinee of Pixar's Up and were the only people in this massive theatre. Love that movie, I totally cried.
Ok, hello good food! These guys make killer salads and panini! Yum!
Alas, Utah has not discovered Mad Greens yet...or vice versa?


I found my dream house in Boulder.
I wish I could've gotten more pictures of the beautiful houses they had here. There were no cookie cutter houses, just one unique and beautiful home after another. I would say Collage Avenue is to Boulder as The Avenues are to Salt Lake. So much character, I love it!


See this: foot-friendly!
This is what Naropa U and U of C students do in their free time...fun and friendly exercise!


Ah yes, people! I must apologize, this is the only picture I present-mindedly took of people on this whole trip. That is quite sad. Aren't my parents cute? I love 'em!
Check out this shot, I sometimes wonder when National Geographic will discover me.
Ha... ha...


I would love to do a photoshoot in Boulder. Isn't this barn awesome?
Almost stepped on that...and for those of you who know me, I never wear good hiking shoes. Nope, more like suede ballet flats. But hey, at least they were brown.
Seriously? (shudder) I've never been a fan of Cougars (Go Utes!)
Gotta love the scratches no-doubt keyed into this sign by hikers passing by.


Voile! C'est la Boulder.
Here's Folsom Field and some football teams practicing out front.
That thing is beautiful, they must love their football or something.


Flying home through the landscape of angels with the Rocky Mountains beneath.
Breath-taking! I wish I could fly!


(sigh) Be it ever so stormy, there's no place like Home Sweet Home!


A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.
~George Moore~




2 comments:

Jalene said...

I love the picture of the barn! Nice job, Linds. :)

Heather Lynn Hess Hulse said...

That pictures of mom in the theater by herself is hilarious! What a cute mom we have.

Also, those scratches on the sign weren't hikers' they were a cougar's! Duh, duh, duhhhh!