Friday, June 12, 2009

39 Years Ago Today

...Stephen and Vicki were sealed for eternity in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.
In lieu of my sweet parents' 39th anniversary,
I deem it fitting to post some of my favorite quotes, poems and sonnets about Love:


Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no, it is an ever-fixèd mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
~ Sonnet 116 ~ William Shakespeare ~

"Just as hope cannot exist without faith, neither can true happiness exist without Love."
~ T. Scot Riverside ~

"The feeling that holds me in its merciless grip could be nothing else but love...How gladly I would give my happiness for the sake of yours, even without your knowledge, asking only to hear from a distance, now and then, the laughter born of my sacrifice!"
~ Cyrano de Bergerac ~ Edmond Rostand ~

We, unaccustomed to courage
exiles from delight
live coiled in shells of loneliness
until love leaves its high holy temple
and comes into our sight
to liberate us into life.

Love arrives
and in its train come ecstasies
old memories of pleasure
ancient histories of pain.
Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away the chains of fear
from our souls.

We are weaned from our timidity
In the flush of love's light
we dare be brave
And suddenly we see
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.
~ Touched By An Angel ~ Maya Angelou~

"Love is the heart’s most willing sacrifice."
~ Love + ~ me ~

Love suffereth long, and is kind;
Love envieth not;
Love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly,
Seeketh not her own,
Is not easily provoked,
Thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things,
Believeth all things,
Hopeth all things,
Endureth all things.
Love never faileth.
~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 ~

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! I love you!


1 comment:

marianne said...

Hey Lindz, on fb my friend is inquiring about camera's and I told her about your sweeet Nikon. Could you give the name and some details about yours? I told her a little and how I am a wee bit jealous of yours, :) so she'd like to know what you got. Thank you!! I couldn't find you on fb, so I hope you get this message. :) Thank you!!!