Monday, April 19, 2010

"Knock, Knock. Housekeeping."


Writing is the "housekeeper" of my brain,

Meticulously clearing away the mess of "merrrr"ing thoughts before they pile so high that they come spilling out of my mouth in a spew of insurmountable flusteration and insanity.

Yes, insanity!


(Gotta love old school magazine design & illustration, no?)


That's why I came back to "the office" prematurely:

1 project down.
3 to go.
9 days left.
'bout to go bonkers!

I just need to take the "Do Not Disturb" sign off my brain long enough to let housekeeping come in and organize my thoughts into their various cabinets, drawers and boxes, dust the cobwebs from the hard-to-reach corners of my mind and allow myself to take in the sweet smell of lemony potpourri - the tell tale indicator that the dust bunnies are nestled all snug in the vacuum bag, far far away from the pristine birthplace of my genius aka my brain.

(Not to mention, write a really long, paragraph-sized run-on sentence cause I'm so darn good at that kind of thing)

Aaaaah. Yes.

*inhale through the nose*

I'm feeling better already.

Amazing how a quick visit to the good ol' blog can transform an otherwise measly ol' Monday into an opportunity to work just a little bit harder, a little bit longer and breathe without inhaling a mouthful of dust. That writing o' mine cleans this place up pretty well, I'm thinking.

Thanks, friends!

1 comment:

tscotriverside said...

honestly, where do you come up with these comparisons? I could see if you were spending the night in a hotel and the thought suddenly came to you but to just pull it out of thin air makes it that much more impressive.

speequat - the sound the housekeeper makes when she kills the flies in the room.