Thanks to my sister Kim for this DE-LICIOUS recipe! YUM! SO simple, tasty and HEALTHY...for waffles anyway :) Enjoy!
(from the kitchen of Kim Rowley)
- 2 cups Whole grain flour (wheat or oat or a mixture)
- ¼ cup agave, or 100% pure maple syrup,
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- 1½ cups milk, or almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup pumpkin (I add about ½ of a can, because I like more pumpkin taste)
- Plug in the waffle iron to preheat it.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, melted coconut oil, and pumpkin. Pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Coat the preheated waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Pour the waffle batter onto the center of each section of the iron (You will need 1/4 to 3/4 cup of batter for each waffle).
- Cook the waffles for about 4 to 5 minutes or until they are crispy and light brown.
- Serve immediately.
Simple yummy syrup & topping ideas:
- Blend your favorite berries or peaches with agave in the blender and pour over waffles.
- Pure Maple syrup
- Slice up fruit like berries, peaches, or bananas serve with agave sweetened yogurt