Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hallelujah!


I'm seriously considering busting out a little o' dis right now:


{Brief sidenote: Quite honestly, that is the most beautiful thing ever! To see a bunch of strangers in a shopping mall, possibly having forgotten a bit of the true reason we celebrate the holiday, suddenly unite in praises to Christ the Lord. I love when the song starts playing and people stand up. Did you know that's what you're supposed to do for that song? It's like putting your hand over your heart for the National Anthem...but, arguably, more reverent....because, as you may have heard, this is a song of praise to the King of Kings. This song has always been my favorite part of musical Christmas. Handel was most definitely inspired.}

I can see it now.
7:31 AM
Quiet library.
Students studying for finals.


"HAL-LELU-JAH! HAL-LELU-JAH!..."


That would be AWESOME, right?
Anywho, as you may have guessed from my random inclination to sing the most jubilant song ever...


I'M DONE WITH FINAL PROJECTS!


So...excuse me while I


"HAAAAAAAAAAL-LELU-JAH!"

3 comments:

Shayna said...

Oooo... That gave me goosebumps just while I was watching it. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I really had been there. Whoa

Unknown said...

Wow, I started tearing up when that started... it was truly beautiful and moves the soul. How amazing it would have been in that shopping mall and just hear the chorus of voices raised up in song... I think it was the heart cry of humanity right there :).

Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful and amazing!! That song sinks into my core and makes me tear up every time. What a wonderful experience those shoppers had that day- a true reminder of what Christmas is all about.