Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Clip Clops, Clasps, Copying, & Curiosity


On weekends, I drive several blocks to the gym to run on the treadmill… uh…

- - -

Having pink fingernails makes typing 10 times more enjoyable.

- - -

Who was the first person to give a handshake and what were they thinking?
“Hm, this seems like an appropriate gesture to seal our agreement: Give me your hand and I will lift it up and pull it down several times thusly. Yes, that seems to have done the trick.”

- - -

One time in Kindergarten we were asked to draw a picture of our families.
I have 11 people in my family, which is hard enough as it is, but I drew 12...?

- - -

Recently realized that I prefer a lot of “plain” things:
Plain t-Shirts instead of blouses, plain chocolate ice cream without toppings, plain ponytails (especially with my current do), plain water over any other drink, plain ol' clear nail polish, plain RAZRs instead of iPhones, etc. etc.

- - -

Sometimes I wish Hagrid would come and break down my front door, inform me that I'm a witch and take me away to Hogwarts to perfect my magical skills... among the students of the Gryffindor House, of course. I've convinced myself that, if given the chance to fly a broom, I'd make an awesome Seeker. Blast the endless monotony of mugglehood!
- - -
Best way to study on campus: Sitting on the grass under a tree.
Why did I not realize this till my senior year? Figures.

- - -

If flip-flops are named by the sound they make, then heels should be called clip-clops.


One smell that should never be present in a restroom ...the smell of hotdog.

- - -

There is nothing quite like the giddiness that comes as a result of an attractive individual of the opposite gender openly flirting with you. Allow me to now type: he he.

- - -

Sometimes I copy fonts that I like, to “reinvent” my handwriting.

- - -

This quote by Mark Twain makes me laugh,
“The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want,
drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.”




4 comments:

Whitney said...

Hot Dog smell? In the bathroom? That's gross.

Brie said...

I enjoyed reading this very much! Thank you for making me laugh :)

Kim said...

I love the Mark Twain quote! I gotta share it with Rog, he'll laugh.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha, absolutely loved this. made me smile. i'll keep these in mind.