Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tea Party anyone?

Last weekend Heather and I enjoyed a day of sisterly bonding. We went to a cute little paint-your-own-pottery studio called, Color Me Mine. Heather chose a spoon rest that she painted in the 50's retro fashion, to match her red kitchen appliances (I'll get a picture to add).
I chose this giant teacup and saucer cause they remind me of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party ride at Disneyland. Yes, I realize that you can tell that I painted it, but I think I prefer it that way. Where's the fun in perfection? :) If I could do it over, however, I'd probably paint it exactly like one of the teacups from the ride. Who knows, maybe even paint them all and have a tea (hot cocoa) party. Heather and I thought it'd make a cute candy dish though.

Anyway, go to Color Me Mine, it's a blast! And another tip, choose a fun design beforehand so you can use your time for painting it, rather than planning it out.

Happy painting!


1 comment:

tscotriverside said...

why would you put candy in a tea-cup? is that supposed to add to the imperfection and make you prefer it even more? i kid. i'm going to try and be more of an artist and have an 'open mind'...a tea cup candy dish sounds like a splendid idea. with that said, i probably won't be making it there any time soon but i'm sure you gals had loads of fun...