Monday, May 25, 2009

Bear Lake & Banana Bread

This weekend I went to our lovely Bear Lake cabin to do some yard work with my parents and my brother Pete's cute family. His son Johnny rode up with us. We had a blast, as you can see.


Johnny practiced his typing

And wrote me a sweet note

The lawn was COVERED in these

So we made bouquets




Among other things


And here is the beautiful new addition to one of my favorite places in the world, the Bear Lake cabin


In other news, I found this really intriguing
blog a couple of weeks ago and finally brought myself to try one of the recipes from it. Say hello to fat-free banana bread. Yum! Don't let the "fat-free" title fool you, it's delicious!

And I finished Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, which I would highly recommend to anyone! It's very well written and such a cute story! Read the summary here!

3 comments:

LoriT said...

GREAT pictures! And thanks for including one of the cabin. Except for the "lovely" yellow floral wallpaper, I wouldn't have recognized the place.

I'm going to definitely try the banana bread, and I've been wanting to read that book to my girls. Maybe we'll read the book WHILE eating banana bread . . . and think of you while we're doing in. :)

UtahRodina said...

Your pics are amazing! I can't wait to see the 'new' cabin this summer. Thanks for taking sharing your pics!

tscotriverside said...

It would seem that I'm a little behind on my commentating...

It goes without saying that i love the pictures. Those first few pictures don't happen to have been taken in a van of sorts, would they? Talk about an amazing background to even better photos.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but, you're family is lucky to have you. I mean that's obvious, but i hope they don't take for granted the amazing pictures you take for them. What wonderful memories.

I have been known to take pictures of some pretty ugly things, but dandeliions? c'mon? somehow you even managed to make something so awful look good...add some kids to the photos and they're that much better.

Finally, i probably won't read that book no matter what you say...and even more finally, how could i not love the picutre of banana bread? it incorporates two of my favorite things...your pictures and food. Awesome.