Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Photographer


As Rick Steves said,
“I shutter to think how many people are underexposed
and lacking depth in this field.”

Ok, not only is one of the most cleverly awesome quotes I've ever heard ;) but I must also agree with it 100%! These days it's ridiculously easy to claim the title of "photographer." I don't mean any disrespect by that, but truly, one would hope that a nice camera wouldn't be the only qualification for starting a business...and yet, for some, it is.

Maybe it's just me and my ultra-nitpicky-aesthetic-visionary approach to wedding planning (and design/art in general), but James and I feel so blessed to have our friend, Jalene Taylor, capturing this fabulous time in our lives! She is the embodiment of a professional and an artist and is so passionate with her craft. I've always admired Jalene's love for photography, her attention to detail, her eye for composition and, all around, her ability to freeze beautiful moments in time, to be remembered and cherished for years.


“It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like,
it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.”
~Paul Caponigro~


Thank you, Jalene, for sharing your beautiful talents with us!



No comments: