Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Up's & Down's of Interior Design

James is taking Interior Design this term.

It counts as an art credit that he needed
and he thought it would be fun.

I have to admit, I get a kick out of watching
my cute business man navigate the artistic waters.

Let me just say, my husband is a SPONGE when it comes to facts...
Especially the ones that he's really interested in. So, I never
really imagined that he'd be asking me for help with his homework.

But...he does.

And it makes me feel really cool.


I guess the only real downside to him delving into the
rich aesthetic world of interior design is that...

...with knowledge comes power.

When we were first engaged I asked,

"James, someday when we have a house will you
let me paint the walls whatever color I want?"

You have to understand, I grew up with white everything.
In fact, I'm pretty sure that aside from crimson red,
white is probably my dad's favorite color.

He loves his white cars, white shirts and white walls.


So, you can imagine my elation when James agreed to allow
me my right as an artist to practice my aesthetic freedom
in our marriage. That pretty much sealed the deal for me :)

Well now, friends, James knows what bay windows are
and the proper triangular placement of kitchen appliances
and the reason you never place a piano against an exterior wall.

What is a wife to do?

Well, I went to his class, that's what.
I can't have him getting "ahead of the game" on me.

:)

I'm intrigued to see how much of an opinion he interjects
on my 15 "home decor"-related boards on Pinterest that I've
created as inspiration for our (my) ideal dream home.


Well, I'll tell you what,
it's a good thing we're on the same team.

...and it's probably a good thing we won't have a house for a while.

We've got plenty of time to merge our dream homes into one...
or for James to forget everything he's currently learning...

...and go back to letting me do my thing.

Hee hee!


Hey, a girl can dream ;)

No comments: