Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's a Girl!

I think it goes without saying that I am a little behind on updating the ol' blog...c'mon, August wasn't THAT long ago ;)

So, let's just jump right into it:

WE'RE PREGNANT!!

(trumpet fanfare)



I've looked at our baby pictures over and over and I remain fairly certain that our daughter is going to be an adorable, brown-eyed, brown-haired chunk of cuteness!

I'm so excited to meet her, I can hardly stand it.

- - -

We're going on 21 weeks now.
Thus, on Thursday, we went in for our ultrasound appointment and
 discovered we're having a beautiful, miraculous little baby girl.

She's healthy and amazing and we couldn't be more thrilled!
To celebrate after the appointment, we went to the store and got
Baby Girl her very first outfit.


Gotta love the bumblebee on the rump :)
And James, of course, loved the outfit because it's not pink.

- - -

Speaking of non-typical baby girl colors, I was SO thrilled to know the gender
because (YAY) I get to start planning the nursery!

Based off the pins I've been pinning faithfully for the past year,
this is what I've come up with:


Adorable right?
Man, I love Pinterest.
It makes my aesthetic dreams so easy to sort out.
I've got a lot of super fun DIY projects ahead of me!

- - -

*sigh*
Friends, I must say, I couldn't be more excited to finally be the woman
that I've been drawing pictures of faithfully every year since I was 5
for my "What I want to be when I grow up" projects:

A mom.

3 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

yaaaaaaaaaay!!!! This is adorable. I love that you wrote abou how you have always wanted to be a mom. I am so excited for that day for myself too!! Love you.

Amberly said...

You nursery is going to be so cute!! I can't wait to see what it looks like when you've put all of your ideas together!

Sophie Weber said...

Lindsay!! Congrats! You will be an adorable Mom! Being a Mom is THE BEST THING EVER! I am so excited for you! And.. I must say girls first is the way to go :D