Monday, June 22, 2009

Daddy's Day!

This is my:
life coach, teacher, personal trainer,
provider, comedian, clogged-sink-drainer,
food critic, front-&-center-audience member,
cheerleader, fire builder in December,
spider smasher, complimenter, body guard,
"you can do it" when things are hard,
dance partner, vocal partner, money lender,
hug giver, story teller, vacation spender,
walking partner, landlord, wearer of plaid,
wrong-righter, best friend, oh and...Dad.
~me~

This is my dad when he was a little. Adorable is in the genes :)

{Top: Stephen (dad), Tad, Jerry - Bottom: Grandma Julia Fern, Paul (on lap), Christine, Grandpa Milton, Anne}

I get my love for singing from my dad and everyone tells me I look like my mom. What a compliment! I love old pictures like this. Aren't my parents cute?

What a trooper. This is way before I was born (youngest of 9 and all), but he still did this when I was little. My favorite was when he'd clear away the kitchen table and chairs and we'd dance to "Boston Pops Hoe Down" or "The King & I" laughing all the while.
{Top: Pete, Jason, Steve - Bottom: Dad}

I have to thank my dad for his love for traveling. We have gone on some great family vacations. The best part of these vacations, however, is not the sights we see but the memories we make as a family. That is what I love most!
{Me and Dad at Disneyland}

Check out our big matching glasses. This makes me smile!

These are my dad's parents: Milton and Julia Fern.
They sure raised a rascal of a boy into a great man.


This is our family wallyball tournament.
My dad has a great sense of humor. We share corny jokes and laugh for hours!
{Top: Dad - Bottom: Me, Madre, and Heather}

My dad has always been a great example to me of what to look for in my future husband. He is always sweet and loving to my mom and I appreciate that. There is a great comfort in knowing that your parents not only care for you, but care for one another.


Dad, thank you for always putting your family first and providing for and loving us.
I have always looked up to you as one of my greatest examples, mentors, and friends!

I love you, Daddy!


2 comments:

LoriT said...

Nice. I love your dad, too. He's a great man.

Jalene said...

Cute! My grandpa's name was Milton too!
And the second to last picture is a beautiful one of your parents!